Recently some of you have submitted requests for help in locating the perfect comfortable shoe for your problem feet. While I'd love to answer each one with astute, well-researched options, I fall short in the time department balancing motherhood, doctor appointments, chronic pain, keeping up a house and spending time with my family. Also, as I continue to learn more about maladies of the foot, I realize that I am by no means qualified to give shoe advice for certain conditions. I'm not a podiatrist and I'd hate to make a recommendation that would only worsen your condition. I can write rather intelligently about common problems such as plantar fasciitis, bunions, ball-of-foot pain, but I'm admittedly clueless when it comes to diabetic neuropathy, severe pronation, turf toe (I kid you not), or Charcot foot.
If you don't hear back from me, try the following to find shoe help for your "barking dogs." But please know, I always read your emails and appreciate every one! And if you've heard back from me, leave a comment so everyone knows I'm not a complete slacker.
- Check the "Shoes for Problem Feet" category on the right sidebar for features and reviews of footwear to alleviate some of the most basic foot problems.
- Visit HealthyFeetStore.com. You'll be able to shop for shoes by condition and contact a certified podiatrist for help with your specific problem. Visit their blog for even more helpful foot and shoe information.
- Check out FootSmart.com. Shop by condition, find great sales. Footsmart carries a wide selection of brands from very orthopedic to stylish comfort, plus insoles, arch supports and all manner of foot contraptions.
- Perhaps you have perfectly healthy feet, they're just big, little, extra-wide, or super narrow. Have you looked at DesignerShoes.com? They carry fashionable footwear from sizes 4 narrow to 13 WWW!
- Happy Feet Plus has a wealth of information regarding foot pain, arch types, Morton's neuroma and more. They specialize in Birkenstock and Finn Comfort brands but carry other popular comfort brands. Be sure to click on Jane's Picks--today it's the Birkenstock Bern Soft Footbed clog for 25% off! I tried out their online chat help with a foot health specialist and got an immediate answer to my question. Now that's service.
- If your podiatrist can only recommend the standard white New Balance as a cure-all for your foot problem then you need to peruse the updated list of all shoes awarded the American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the options open to you.