Muito obrigada to Barking Dog Shoes reader, Nancy, for introducing me to Fidji shoes from Portugal. The Iberian peninsula is now responsible for 4/5 of my Euro-comfort shoe obsession: El Naturalista and Pikolinos from Spain make up 2/5, Portuguese Dromedaris and Fidji for 2/5, and the last fifth goes to Wolky from Holland.
Perhaps it was the principle of scarcity that kept me hunting high and low for online retailers in the United States that carry Fidji. Nordstrom and Village Shoes have a respectable collection, but I wanted this brand to go mainstream. Every woman in search of gorgeous shoes that deliver on comfort needed to know about this brand.
A week ago, I was searching new arrivals at Zappos when I saw a slew of beautiful Fidji shoes parade across the screen. Que surpresa! Criss-cross straps, soft Italian leathers, vibrant hues, metal stud detailing...muito bonito! Walkable two-inch heels, lightly cushioned footbeds, flexible outsoles. Que confortável!
And as of today, I noticed that Endless has an even more extensive collection of recently arrived Fidjis--all with free overnight shipping and free returns.
- Might be helpful to order two sizes; your regular size and one size up. I've read they run small. Just send back the pair that doesn't fit and take advantage of that free return shipping.
- Generous toe box for a dress shoe. One woman comments that she has a wider forefoot due to bunions and finds Fidji shoes very accommodating.
- Soft leathers conform to foot.
- Styles with velcro straps and laces allow for custom fit across instep.
- Fit narrow to medium width feet best.
I'm anxious to hear from you. Do you own a pair of Fidji shoes? How do they fit and feel?